I've developed an application that I want to share with you if you like Pokemon and can understand Java code:
The Battle Simulator!
This application will simulate a battle between a Pidgey and Pikachu with randomized stats, using realistic damage modification. This is the beta release of the simulator, so I made things extremely simple to start out with. Run it multiple times and see who has the upper hand more. And the source is included in case you want to tinker with it a bit. I'd also be happy to see what you can come up with.
Please follow these directions to get the simulator up and running:
1. If you haven't already, install Java 6 from here.
2. Download Eclipse from here (choose your platform on the right).
3. Follow the instructions for installing Eclipse (depends on your system - for Windows, I just unzip the "eclipse" folder from the archive into C:\Program Files).
4. Download the simulator project here.
5. Import the project into Eclipse:
A) File->Import, choose General->Existing Projects into Workspace
B) Check "Select Archive File" and choose the simulator project file.
C) Press the green arrow on the top toolbar (to the right of the "bug" icon) to run the program.
6. Source files are located in the "src" folder.
Enjoy, and feel free to leave a comment if you're confused or have feedback. :)